28 March 2010

Team Banks had a great show!

** I don't have full detailed results yet **

Up at the crack of dawn today (actually, pre-dawn as I got a wake up text @ 5:10- Thx Rene) to go cheer on Team Banks at the Arabian horse show (dressage division) today at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center. LJ rode Malibu Breeze, Savannah, and Anatazi; Rene rode Hucks Toi; Kathy rode Anatazi.

The morning started off with Kathy's First level test 1 ride on Tazi, which went quite well and was very well ridden. Kathy and Tazi looked so awesome out there, strutting their first level selves, and Tazi looked very proud of himself. For their efforts, they got a 65%.

Rene was second at bat, and rode first level test 3 and then training level test 3. I got to see his warmup and it was really good, as were the tests. Toi's trot looked great and very relaxed and active. For the first test, he got a 65% and the second earned him a 69 and change.

LJ rode Malibu Breeze somewhere in there, and showed Tazi second level test 1 later in the morning. Savannah was up after I left. The really amazing thing I want to note is that considering Tazi's petite size and LJ's tall stature, they are a well matched pair.

Now on to the Festival of the Horse CDI show next week at the LAEC. Rene will be making an appearance with Royal, LJ will be riding his young horse Sunnie, and I will be riding Smiley.

Quote of the day:
We called him Tortoise because he taught us


Oooohhh, and the style news of the day is Rene's new helmet which seems to have divided spectators of the dressage circuit. As a fashionisto, Rene debuted the brand-i-don't-know helmet yesterday in the ring to rave reviews from the majority and wild applause from LJ. Will this be the next hot thing? Should I buy one?

CLARIFICATION FROM RENE: (from comments section)
YOU SHOULD BUY TWO! I want to get a second one with my initials in script. The name of the helmet is KEP. You can find it @ www.kepitalia.com.
Now I will just update your blog. You were awaken because you said you would be available to help. So, I sent you a wake up text. The phone you had went flying to the floor. You had to leave the warmth of your fancy pallet. The new sheets you had were broken in. I was able to use Venturo's stock pen. Now known as my lucky charm. You Left out the part of how you had to clean my bridle to get the xtra 2 points I needed. All in all I was blessed with your support. You are a true team player. Hucks Toi +, was happy you were there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU SHOULD BUY TWO! I want to get a second one with my initials in script. The name of the helmet is KEP. You can find it @ www.kepitalia.com.
Now I will just update your blog. You were awaken because you said you would be available to help. So, I sent you a wake up text. The phone you had went flying to the floor. You had to leave the warmth of your fancy pallet. The new sheets you had were broken in. I was able to use Venturo's stock pen. Now known as my lucky charm. You Left out the part of how you had to clean my bridle to get the xtra 2 points I needed. All in all I was blessed with your support. You are a true team player. Hucks Toi +, was happy you were there!