I ran into an old friend and fantastic vet from Alamo Pintado. Dr. Lindsay Brown was an intern @ APEMC and literally was an integral part of saving Smiley's life. She was in the surgery with him and sat up countless nights, monitoring him. She helped him recover post-op and was there every step of the way. She was so excited to see Smiley and I now have a vet in LA! Seriously, there are few people I can literally thank for saving my horse's life, and she is one of them. With her, Dr. Erin Byrne, and Dr. Mark Rick (the latter who did the surgery), Smiley would not be with us... and not taking names at third level!
Have all my tack cleaned for tomorrow- need to finish up my boots. Need to clip Smiley up and braid him tomorrow morning. Going to go work Venturo before I head to the show (another EARLY morning!)
There was a super fancy young horse at the show ridden by LJ Banks, Sonningkonig that had a beautiful and successful first test in the large oval. Look for her the rest of this weekend, and definitely with the blue neck ribbon around her neck in the future! She won her 4 year old class today with an 8.4+
TeamBanks has a big day of showing tomorrow. First at bat is Danielle with Niki's Great Gatsby (I think I'm reading for her), then LJ and Sonnie, Danielle and Gatsby, and Rene and Royal. Smiley goes last at 2:44 in the Equidome. I won't get to see the last three (before me) because they are right before I need to get on. So Good Luck guys!!!!
I'm off to bed now. Watching me some Big Love as I drift off...
No comments:
Post a Comment