Smiley is FINALLY HOME!!!!!!!!!! Over a week before he was originally was supposed to...
I was really nervous about having him at home, but he seems to have settled (so far) in well. We got our discharge instructions (and bill), Dr. Erin chatted with me about all of the instructions and what would prompt a visit back (basically anything). I got all of the antibiotics, all the stuff to give them, the probios, some Bio Sponge, etc etc... a whole bag of goodies.
We got the stall all ready, bought some timothy and orchard grass for him, our own shavings (the barn's shavings are not high quality enough for a horse just out of surgery and in the stall a lot, IMHO)... Dad and I matted the stall yesterday, I sanitized the stall (smelled almost as good as Alamo). We have a little radio for him to listen to during the day. Then, I hung a Pony Pop and salt lick from the Himalayan Mtns.
So, back to the radio. He's had one up at Alamo, and Alex (the vet intern who cared for him in week 2) came up to me and said that Smiley had a definite preference. Erin wanted country music on for his stall, but Smiley really wasn't that impressed, so Alex turned on hip hop, which I guess Smiley really "digs".
So... he's home... I am really happy. I had a midterm this morning, the bookstore ran out of bluebooks... just my luck.
Let's see... my birthday- did I go over that yet? I got some really great presents- IPhone, Back to Work (the book on rehabbing horses), a cornbread mold from Yellville, some clothes, "I am American, and So Can You" by Stephen Colbert, etc etc etc... Grandma gave me a great t-shirt and stuffed animal... one of the shirts that says "Life Is Good" with a horse on it. We had my favorite cake from Gelsons- white with a custard and strawberry filling.
I also got a DARLING card from Carol and Ron yesterday- with a really sweet note and two of the houses across the map on the card were marked with our respective home towns. Savannah sent an e card, Natalie sent a greeting, tracy called. I have some more email greetings and texts, but I'd have to check exactly who.
So, other than that, I need to do some macro homework and then some speaking extra credit. I am so tired- have to get up early now forever (haha)...
By the way, COLBERT 2008!!!!!! Did anyone else see the announcement?!?!?!?
17 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay!!! We are so glad that Smiley is home. Hip hop music?!? He must have an upbeat personality:) It is amazing what modern medicine, a lot of love and paying attention to the little things can do to heal.
Keep us posted on his progress!
Ron & Carol
I'm so glad to hear that Smiley is finally home! I hope he continues to get better!
Love, Shannon
Post a Comment