Today has been a great day, so far... PERFECT weather for me- overcast, drizzly, chilly...
So this morning at 6 am, Tina (my mom's cousin's daughter in law) calls with a very "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" from Arkansas. I was out of it, but thanked her and promised to call her later- then went back to sleep.
I managed to get to class somewhat on time (the classic excuse, "it's my birthday!"), only to find out that the topic in my polisci class was something I had practically taken a semester on in Hong Kong in high school. I went by and walked Venturo and caught up with Tina on the phone. We are busy making plans to bring Smiley home.
This afternoon I have been totally chilling... just hanging out. Had a TO Meatlocker tri tip sandwich. Have gotten birthday calls/emails/texts from Katie Jo, Algie, Penny, Julie, Gavin, Shannon, Grandma, Ann, Tina, etc.
This weekend, Grandma sent me a great gathering of balloons with jack-o-lantern balloons and "Happy Birthday" balloons and a special package arrived via USPS on Saturday as well from her. We went up to see Smiley (all three of us) on Saturday and spent a few hours with him- grazing, grooming... Dr. Erin spent quite a bit of time with me discussing the aftercare, meds, aftercare, and what his current stats are.
We wanted to have dinner in Los Olivos, but the restaurant was booked solid, so we drove down to Solvang and had dinner there.
The computer situation is still on the fritz, but I at least have this old laptop that I can use, even if it is slow. It's made my schoolwork very hard because of the speed.
15 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment