04 September 2007

School and Stuff

What I am listening to: The Kinks, Eminem, Music and Lyrics
What I am reading: Bill Bryson

Today I had three classes- Cultural Anthro, macroecon, and public speaking. School wise, it was a very good day.

Cultural Anthro was good because today we studied the culture of food- and I have to say- they couldn't throw anything at me that was so weird (food wise) that I was really grossed out. Nothing new- cobras, durian, dog, guinea pig... I may not eat it (haha, as many of you know, the list of what I eat is much shorter than what I don't eat) Of course, my Dad has eaten so many of the "gross" things on the list (thankfully, actually none of the things on my short list, although he has had snake).

Macroecon is surprisingly making sense for me, probably because all Dad ever watches/does is money and the economy, so I have been raised in this culture of terms.

Public speaking was fun- I gave a short speech so that the teacher would know my shortcomings and strengths as a speaker. I used Nixon's Checkers speech and had a lot of fun doing it.

Went from school to the barn today- still TOO HOT! I hate to complain, but at least I don't really seem to notice this heat when I am riding.

Smiley/Venturo...

David leaves for KY next week- the National Young Horse Championships this time. He actually has only ridden Venturo once since Verden and Smiley not at all, so I am proud that we have held things together so well. I have lots to work on with myself though.

I am going to sign off there for now, but will check back in tomorrow night.

No comments: