06 September 2007

Brrrrrrrr

What I am listening to: Music and Lyrics
What I am reading: Sociology text book, polisci textbook (both of which I should be reading instead of blogging....)

Does anyone know what is really sad? To have to listen to someone give a REALLY important 20th century speech in a valley girl accent.

It was actually CHILLY this morning. For those of you that do not live in "So Cal" (whatEVER, I like don't know how you like cope with that one), "chilly" is below 60. I had to put on a sweatshirt before going downstairs. Brrrrrrr....

I toddled off to school, anthro was... well, I can't say anything nice here, so we'll skip that one. I live in fear that somehow a prof will discover this blog (who knows how) and if I slam them online I'll be failed... or something like that. Macro was decent, the last class I mentioned in the first paragraph.

BTW, yesterday I rode... Smiley was very good. DB got on first to see if anything needed to be fixed (it didn't- YAY- I haven't messed up my horse!) so he got off almost immediately and I had a great lesson. I took a lunge lesson on Venturo because I have GOT to work on my seat more. David had me post the trot without stirrups for a good part of the 45 minute lesson (I hate posting) and thought I would be out of breath right after and sore today, but I was neither. At the canter, without stirrups or reins, Venturo started to play around, run, and buck a bit, but I stuck like glue (or I probably wouldn't be sitting here writing this, as I was not wearing a helmet). I had dinner with Mackenzie- we ate WAYYYYY too much (as usual) and couldn't even finish our dessert (which was the only reason we went to this particular restaurant).

I did have two REALLY great rides. Smiley was very good, we worked on the simple changes today (they're quite good, but now we're refining everything) and David was VERY pleased with the lesson. We both noted how much easier he is now over when we first came to DB. Of course, he is COMPLETELY different than the horse I first sat on five years ago. I should pull out some old tapes to compare.

Venturo was exceptional. We worked a lot more on what CdK and I worked on with Venturo- lots of haunches in, shoulder in, half passes in the canter. DB joked to go on the diagonal and do a flying change, and thank goodness he clarified that he was joking (and he knows he has to), because I would have gone ahead and done one (both horses have them started)-

I am really looking forward to the CdK clinic in two weeks. I hope he is pleased with the progress we have made- Poppy... soooo gross.... I could practically feel my arteries hardening- I had some ravioli with a

Get this- Mom made me to to KFC (biggg fight over this, I hate supporting junk food habits) for thick tomato soup on top.
That's about all I can write- except- THANK GOODNESS TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!!

No comments: