What I am listening to: This Kiss by Faith Hill
What I am reading: Going to start re-reading Book 6
I just got back from seeing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It was my LEAST favorite book, especially the ending, when I read it four years ago, and remains to date the same. The movie was less sad and scary, but I just HATED who died (not mentioning names, just in case the one person who hasn't read the book is reading this). I just feel drained after watching it (similar feeling to when I read it). I mean, is Voldemort IN Harry, so Harry can't kill Voldemort? Is Harry some reflection or image of Voldemort? Will good prevail over evil in Book 7 (that's what I'm really nervous about)?
Enough about fiction-
I had two really good rides- really pushing Smiley in the half halt to make the trot bigger and more active. Venturo was really good as well, just working on strengthening him. He is wearing Smiley's fly sheet because for some reason the flies seem to prefer him... but I think I should go ahead and buy Smiley a NEW one. :) Tracy and I are waiting for the electricians to put in a plug in the little barn so we can plug in fans behind the mesh windows for the horses.
I also just wanted to mention Bombay. Bombay was a really nice little Oldenburg mare that I had for several years- from birth until she was nearly five. She went First Premium at her Oldenburg Verband inspection at three weeks old and was a class act her entire life. She was bred by Crestline Farm in WA and later gave them a beautiful pinto colt by Palladio. Today would have been her seventh birthday... she died just over a year ago, just days before she would have been six... but she left Promised Land as her legacy. I won't ever forget her.
I am lost on these breeches. I found a pair of Cavallo Cyranos in Australia last month. I ordered them, they got shipped (on June 25)... the seller sent me a scanned copy of the shipping receipt. She says they should have arrived within 3-5 business days (she sent them via Australia Post) to California and that she sent out another pair to the US two days after mine, and they got that pair long ago. I just don't know what to do- I know she sent them, but I haven't gotten them.
I got a GREAT card from my cousin Mike today. I bet my parents wish I did stuff like he does... he sent out notes to both my parents and I saying how great it was to see us, how much fun he had, and how to stay in touch. I have to say, I feel exactly the same way about everybody. I really, really want to stay close and in touch with each and every one of the wonderful people I became reacquainted with in the past two weeks. I feel like the reunion was such a unifying experience that I wholly enjoyed. It was so great to be together with such a terrific family. We are so diverse, but have this common history and link that makes everything flow. To everyone I extended invites to, and those I didn't get around to, but you were at the reunion- my family and I really do mean it. Please do come visit. We are so close to so many fun things here in California and would love to show you around.
Good night!
13 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment