What I'm reading: ?
I had two super rides yesterday- kind of a wind down to the week, since both boys did so well all week, but they were just fantastic on Saturday.
I had some family stuff last night that I had to deal with, I really am trying to help my mom out with her family responsibilities.
Today, I slept in a bit, had a tasty breakfast of french toast and an egg (Dad's regime to have mom gain weight, but then why I am eating it... oh right, because it's delicious). I went over to the barn around 1 pm. I rode Venturo, turned Smiley out, and then turned Venturo out after I was done riding. He was only in the small turnout, but he bucked and played, using all of the space to his advantage. At times, I just closed my eyes, but he never did get out of control.
When I got home, Dad and I took my car to be washed. It was really "neat". I had never been in a car while it was being washed before, but at this car wash, you pay by credit card at a drive through type window, and then drive into a small building, where a huge machine rotates over your car. It wets your car, soaps it, cleans it, waxes, washes, and air dries (with a HUGE blower). We took Evi and she got really scared at some of the steps (as soap is being pelted at her).
Dad and I went out on a little boat cruise but soon realized that we had neglected to charge the boat, so we beelined it back to the dock before we ran out of juice.
I watched Entourage- but not the whole episode (this was last week's episode TIVO'ed) because SOMEONE (who could that be?!?!) doesn't like the show so he cuts it off whenever he sees it. Tonight I TIVO'ed it again but SOMEONE didn't let it start. What I did see of the last episode was REALLY funny, but I have no idea how it ends.
Grandma's friends are visiting from Australia this winter, and they are going to do a home exchange. She gave me the website, and we have been having a lot of fun looking at possibilities. We haven't made any decisions, nor even decided to do any sort of exchange, but with the second house almost at close, it's tempting- especially to HK. Both Mom and I so want to go back to visit (I think Mom would move back if she could, and if I could bring one of the mafoos
I finally made Aunt Ella Marie's cake. Her's is WAY BETTER. Mine just didn't taste the same, but I have to say, it was still VERY GOOD. It wasn't difficult to make- but then again, I have made very complex cakes prior... but I would say it is a few notches up from any box or easy to do from scratch cake. I think I put a little too much vanilla in the icing and I think I need to get a metal rather than glass pan (which is all I had in the size).
No comments:
Post a Comment