11 July 2007

Back to Normal

What I'm listening to: My Sweet Lord by George Harrison
What's I'm reading: Lifeguard

I have somewhat solved the grain "situation" with Smiley. I have cut back what goes in his grain to just the grain and rice bran, but am now mixing his supplements into a paste that I orally dose him with daily. I now have to buy Succeed in the paste form just for him so that I know that he is getting it daily. It's kind of a hassle for me (and messy!) but he's got to get what he does, so it's got to get in there somehow.

Venturo is being attacked by flies, so I think I will have to pull out the dreaded fly sheet (hopefully, I will be able to find it, lol).

Smiley was really good today, Venturo was exuberant- some kids/guys/workerbees (whatever) were throwing rocks or whatever in the pasture next to the ring and so we had to work through that, but he was really fantastic and "up" otherwise.

I have been "a bit" sore today because I didn't ride for so long. Yesterday, I kind of had to get my sea legs back, but today I felt in the groove again. I know tomorrow I will be even MORE sore :) .

I also helped Dad out a bit with getting off some important investment documents to Las Vegas for his new investment property this evening.

Mom has been on the phone all day with Cary and Betty, both of whom are managing efforts in Little Rock to ensure Ann's speedy recovery and homecoming (at this point, looks like it will be the end of this week). Poppy has been incredibly worried about Ann and so Mom has been ensuring that he is okay as well. My poor mother is so taxed right now- with worry, her own sinus issues, etc etc. I wish she would take some personal time.

Until Tomorrow... Good night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Ann will be making it home at the end of the week! I loved reading your posts about the AR trip! You need to come to Northwest AR next trip... I will e-mail some pics that I had taken. You need some of Emily!

Love, cousin Shannon