21 June 2007

Great ride!


What I'm Reading: Beach Road (really, have not made ANY progress)
What I'm listening to: Music and Lyrics CD (still)

Finally got a GREAT night's sleep last night- glad that I did, and I'm sure Julie and everyone else at the barn was too, because I think I was a LITTLE less cranky than I have been. :) Sorry guys. In a few days, once I get back on my sleep cycle, I'll be back to normal.

I had a great ride today on Smiley... didn't look in the mirror, either. I do get what Kelly used to say- he wouldn't let me look in the mirror- when I would he would call me "Narcissa"... lol. I think you can get so wrapped up in things you forget to RIDE. Don't get me wrong, the mirrors are FANTASTIC- David is gone for a few days to SD, but I'll work a bit on my own, but give them some time off because they will work Sunday-Thursday next week.

Venturo did really well today as well, clipping along, well behaved. What a wonderful kid he is. The picture is of the two of us at LAEC, one ride into our eventual Markel High Point. He was wild that weekend, so I rode very conservatively, just to make sure he had a good experience.

The trip is almost here- I can't believe in a week I will be sitting on a screened porch in Little Rock drinking lemonade and catching up with family in the hot, humid Arkansas weather. :) We got the final guest list- looks like 53 people are coming- a few missing here and there, but overall, almost everyone is coming. I remember they have this amazing ice cream (don't remember the name) that must be 100% butterfat, because it is SOOO good. Back in the day when I ate fast food, I remember drive in Sonic Burger... ahhhh... I will be blogging about our trip- so don't tune out after Tuesday.

Ava, my niece, is having her second birthday on Sunday- close family only... I am so excited to go and see my brother and his wife and eat some cake. We got her some ....(sorry Danny, not sharing in advance :) ) great gifts... :) I missed her birth for Venturo's first horse show-


Also, despite the fact that the CoolMedics people told me they had not gotten my order, I got my vest today- just in time for the warm weather. I got the vneck in silver, will have to have darts put in it because it is a little big around the waist. I am really excited to try it out. Savannah, a barnmate, says that it saves her during the summer...

That's what she wrote-

No comments: