22 June 2007

Friday

What I'm reading: Beach Road, but starting to think about just starting a new Patterson
What I'm listening to: For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield

Had an excellent ride on Smiley today- short, but really good- didn't want to work him too hard because he will go Sun- Thurs (amended because of David's schedule) this next week. Venturo was good, a bit naughty, but really great. They are both getting tomorrow off and will start again on Sunday.

After I was done at the barn, I followed Tracy over to Dressage Extensions in Moorpark to find some new dress boots- she really lucked out and found a nice pair for a good price- Now I need new dress boots. DE said they could do fully custom Konigs for me, so I will have to look into that when I get back. We had fun looking at all the stuff they have and pouring over the books offered for sale. I almost bought a few things, but managed to restrain myself.

Mom and I headed over to BN to pick up some books for the trip and gifts for certain people ( ;) )... I just love perusing the books in there. Afterwards, we went over to the Oaks Mall and got sidetracked in a summer wear shop, finding a few dresses for me to wear in Arkansas. I always seem to lack cute clothing as everything I own falls into the breeches, jeans, or super fancy categories (mainly the first two). I have way too many polo shirts, but still always am on the hunt for more, perhaps because I wear them all the time. A quick trip by the barn to drop some grain and we were off.

I am having a really hard time getting Smiley to eat his grain. He just doesn't want to eat it- tonight I mixed in some oil and Gatorade (used to work in HK)- we'll see how that goes. Of course, you can put nearly anything in front of Venturo and he scarfs it down, but not Smiley. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. I am really getting desperate here-

Dad came home tonight from LV- a good, productive trip this time around. I tried to sneak in some Entourage, but will have to watch that tomorrow.

Until tomorrow, good night.

No comments: