23 June 2007

Applesauce and Hair Cuts

What I'm listening to: Big Deal by LeAnn Rimes
What I'm reading: Beach Road (I don't know if you can say you are reading it when you haven't touched it in days)

I felt very fuzzy today- probably shouldn't have taken the OTC sleep aid way late last night. I was up until 2 ish with Mom... She is such an amazing person, helping friends and truly caring about them and problems they might be facing. I couldn't let her stay up to face these alone.

This morning I watched "Drive Me Crazy" (ick ick, I know, but it's a corny feel good movie), finishing it up this evening. I then ran over to Agoura Feed and picked up some grain, fly masks, and rice bran oil. On my way to the barn, I stopped and bought a jug of applesauce to try with Smiley's grain. We'll see how that goes... he loved eating the applesauce out of the jug, but didn't seem to like it WITH the grain. Picky, picky, picky. I got the rice bran oil to see if I could cut some of the grain and make the supplements more appeasing. At this point, I'm willing to try just about anything. I am still figuring out a new feeding plan for both of the boys.

Venturo was so fantastic today- I didn't ride because today was the "break day" between "last week" and next week (tomorrow). He is such a cutie, a bit naughty, but just adorable.

After I got them situated, I had a hair appointment... got a bit trimmed off, so I have a shorter cut these days. I think it's really cute, but still very riding functional (the most important part). My poor hair stylist had to hear all about my grain problems, which seem to be my main concern.

I am also in the process of downloading tons of new songs for our trip- picked up an ITunes card today and am having lots of fun finding songs-

Had a great dinner and fantastic dessert- Berry Sherbert and Belgian chocolate ice cream mixed together... the pre-Arkansas watch-what-you-eat has somewhat gone out the window. Of course, I always try to watch what I eat and make sure it's healthy, because I am an athlete.

I am off to wrap the presents for little Ava's birthday party tomorrow- Good night!

No comments: