18 June 2007

Inspiration from Balkenhol

What I'm reading: Finished Full Bloom, into Beach Road
What I'm listening to: 2nd song on the Music and Lyrics soundtrack

Whew- I've been reading my brains out lately- have a huge stack of books that I have been burning through at a very rapid pace. I have really been enjoying Patterson's Women's Murder Club as well as more lighthearted Evanovich... even brushed up on a little dressage reading- got inspired by Balkenhol's piece in "Dressage Masters". If I could model my "future farm" off any farm, it would be his (the way it is pictured in the book). What he says about riding makes so much sense and re-enforces the classical principles I have learned. Of course, I feel that the best horses in the show ring are classically trained-

I ran over to the barn today, hung out with the boys and groomed them- ran into David and Angie (both back- :) ).

I am starting to figure out how to mass prepare the grain for my trip- have to order more supplements tomorrow. The dog situation has been taken care of... I have two dogs, and while we are gone, "Max", my Grandpa's dog, will be staying with us as well... Of course, I hate putting them in a kennel for so long, so it was so much the better that I found a friend at the barn (Julie, David's assistant) to watch them... So much better for the dogs and makes me feel better knowing that they are in their own home. My own "Evi" and my Mom's "Buddy" (a.k.a. Juan Valdez, to me anyway) are so sweet and wonderful- pictures to post soon.

Right now, I am also on a mission to find a supplier who can get me Cavallo Cyrano breeches in a 24L, any color but marine (which I have)... they are just the most fantastic, flattering, enabling, and well wearing breeches that I have ever found... of course, I can't find them very often, and most people have to order them, which takes about 8 weeks.

Mom also returned from SF today- thank goodness. She needs to fully recuperate before we head off to Arkansas.

Did I mention that HBO's Big Love is back on? I love this show, second only to Desperate Housewives, and this season has gotten off to a great start.

That's all she wrote, folks. Until tomorrow, good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog link--I've added it to my feeds.

Let me know if you need someone to prepare more grain for the boys midway through your trip. I'm happy to help, and I know it's hard to make it all in advance--there's only so much a single trashcan will hold!