Hello all,
Wanted to give you a quick update before I leave school to go visit Smiley at Alamo Pintado this afternoon. My computer has been VERY ill all weekend, leaving me unable to complete some schoolwork (darn!) and without communication. As it was, I was way behind on my emails, but now I am even further behind... so I am stealing a few minutes on the CSUCI computers to update everyone.
I saw Smiley on Saturday. He looks REALLY good. He MIGHT get to come home in the next week or so, which is REALLY exciting. The edema from the surgery has gone down and they will remove the stitches on Thursday. He dragged me around the whole grazing area (no manners... I wonder who owns this beast!) and has gotten very mouthy from all the treats. He's always been very oral, but now that everyone is so happy that he is ALIVE they are stuffing him with treats... including yours truly. His manure was a little soft (and very stinky from the antibiotics), so they put him on BioSponge, a Platinum Performance product. His intern vet of the week, Alex, did a great job grooming him and taking care of all of his little needs... and most importantly, noticing whenever anything changed or needed to be taken care of. The plan is that once he comes home, I will haul him up so that they can retest his blood and reultrasound the spleen every two weeks or so. I just don't trust anyone else anymore.
I have been riding all week (Venturo)... he was really great Weds-Sat, a bit of a stinker Tues/Sun (we don't normally ride on Sunday but David is leaving tomorrow for the CDS Champs in Woodside). School has been okay- this no computer thing has thrown me for a loop and I had to call a friend from my anthro class so I could dictate my weekly journal to him because my computer kept crashing when I would be writing it.
Last night, I went to Paradise Cove in Malibu for Julie's (David's groom) birthday... A few of the girls from the jumper barn were there, Angie, Martha, David, Andrea, and Thomas all came as well. The food was okay, but we had a great time and at the end of the meal they brought out a cake for Julie. It is right on the beach, so we could hear the waves crashing and then, at the end, we went outside and looked at the ocean (whoopdedoo!).
I better sign off for now, looks like people with real schoolwork to do need to use the computers. I really enjoy reading the comments in the comments section of the blog. :) Thanks Carol and Ronnie!
08 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment