Greetings-
I am stealing some more time on the school computers to blog... I am not riding today because I rode on Sunday (Venturo gets 2 days off/week) but will stop by later to see the little guy and spend some time with him. I am using this time (Dr. Rick would be pleased, but I will explain that later) to do my homework (ok, obviously not this EXACT time, but gimme a break).
My macroecon class got out early today, not a moment too soon, if you know what I mean... I was kind of lost in the class and it was such a warm, sunny day... I don't know if I mentioned this yesterday, but I am SICK of hot, sunny days. I have two wishes. One is that it will rain, with a blackened sky and scary clouds- hopefully on a Sunday so that we don't miss too much riding. My next wish is that it be COLD, and overcast for a few of those cold days. I want the air to have a bite in it-
I went up to see Smiley yesterday... we went out for a long graze. He has lost so much conditioning and those beautiful, strong muscles. Of course, he has also lost his sleek haircoat, trading it in for a slightly more shaggy winter coat, so the whole look is accentuated. Normally, we would clip him soon- or shave off all the winter coat and blanket him more heavily (when the horses work hard, they still sweat, and it's easier and healthier to clip them for the winter) in about a month, but since he won't be working much, I don't think we will.
Dr. Rick is SHOCKED by the leaps and bounds of progress in Smiley- I didn't see him at all last week (if you'll remember, he was the surgeon)... and didn't expect this kind of rapid improvement in him. He said it will be a long road, which I am ready for- Later, he asked me how school was, and I replied, "Very good, when I am there" and he badgered me of the importance of school. I will have to let him know next time I see him that I DO go to school daily (my lack of sleep is a testament to this fact), it just feels like with all the other stuff going on (especially Smiley) that I am never there. In fact, I have only missed TWO days this semester... One was the day Smiley was SO sick (the first day) and the next was for the first day of the CdK clinic with Venturo. At least I don't ever just "bail" on class...
That's about all she wrote... I have some anthropology work to do, a speech outline to prepare, some notes to print... I think something else too... Hmm....
09 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment