Google Earth Location: Hadrian's Wall (I like the UK because everything is so clear)
What I am listening to: In Too Deep
What I am reading: Bill Bryson
I had some trouble posting the blog that I wrote last night before bed, so I will try again. Blogger is having some sort of outage right now.
I clipped Smiley for the show late last week and will go ahead and do Venturo today. I think I will try to do a lot of packing and prep (the stuff I can pack anyway) today while I am over there so that I don't have so much to do tomorrow. I think we are going to bring the trailer home tomorrow night so that I have the space here at home to pack and such... that's what we did for Del Mar.
I've also been checking out these totally awesome tack lockers- really cool. I don't really know what I would use it for, but if I did have a use, it would be handy to have.
www.arideinthepark.ab.ca
Jeanne is coming on Thursday evening for the show- so that should be a lot of fun. This should be a good show for her to come to because I think she'll get to meet a lot of my California friends. For the "wow" factor, a spring show (with the USET members and HP classes) would have been more fun, but this is still a great show.
I've scratched a few rides (one wasn't USDF/USEF approved, one was an overlap since the schedule changed with the second show) but am on a waitlist for a Thursday class with Smiley.
Both of the horses went really well last week, especially the latter half of the week. They are getting a much deserved two days off before the show and will resume work tomorrow (Tuesday). It's been really hot here, but they seem to be doing fine, which is a relief. I am going to keep plenty of electrolytes, carrots (for "carrot soup"), and applejuice on hand to try to keep them drinking... and am pondering a way to take some water with me for Smiley.
I start school right after the horse show- next Monday, but I am really not "dreading" it. I think I have some good classes and a better schedule than last year, so things should go well... But I still just don't want to talk about it so that's all you're going to hear about it on my blog today.
I am going to do some more work on the scrapbook tonight. I am still gathering some pics from relatives for the reunion album, so I have put that one on hold and have been working mainly on the Ozarks album. I need to run over to Michaels and buy an actual scrapbook for those pages since right now they are just loose.
Until tomorrow (when I will be knee deep in show prep!)-
20 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment