I am sitting here on a Sunday morning- make that afternoon by now, and just having a "lazy day". Dad's birthday was yesterday... I made a great yellow cake with chocolate frosting and we got him an iPhone. It should be fun to play around with that one. It doesn't do much right now because it hasn't been activated, but the two screens that do show up are amazing.
David got home on Wedsnesday... and was out to the barn by Thursday, a day earlier than any of us expected. I have had two lessons on each horse since he got home.
Finally caught up with Mackenzie on Thursday night- we did dinner at Macaroni Grill and then went to coldstone for cake batter ice cream with cookie dough chunks. She ended up staying until 10 or 11, just chatting, at my house. Had dinner with Kendra- same place, same dessert (it was so good!) the next night... so two fun nights of catching up with old friends.
I had a lesson on Saturday morning and then did pilates in this "Pilates for Equestrians" class in Agoura. Martha and Carol from the barn also happened to sign up for the same class. It was so relaxing, and really spiked my interest in continuing pilates long term. The teacher was really encouraging as well and I felt that I really got something out of it.
My new time waster is GooogleEarth, which I just downloaded. I don't know how recent it is (the dressage ring at Blakiston was nowhere to be found) but I found my house in Hong Kong, and several other houses I've lived in... barns and so on.
I'm off to the barn now to turnout-
12 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment