25 June 2007

Trip Prep-

What I'm reading: Beach Road
What I'm listening to: Jump by Van Halen

The trip is ALMOST here, and I SHOULD be packing, but I have to do baggies tonight. I just finished watching Big Love... what a fantastic show. I think tonight's episode was the best of this season so far.

Today I rode both of the boys. Venturo was excellent, spooked at a fertilizer can that bounced into the arena, but otherwise really great. Smiley was also in good form, although seemed different somehow. Not sure what I mean, but I'm sure he will be his usual self tomorrow. I just noticed it in the warm up. He was totally sound-

Does it ever seem that there is something 'in the air', at the barn? Like a whole bunch of the horses are naughty or spooky or just not themselves?

I dropped off my CoolMedics vest to be slightly altered (too big now, even though I bought an XS) after I left the barn, and TIVO'ed Big Love when I got home. Julie interrupted Big Love, but she's so funny I didn't care- Dad and I showed her everything to do with the dogs, plants, etc. Evi and Buddy (and Max) were in good spirits and made a good impression like cute little dogs should.

This evening I picked up some trip essentials (more sunscreen, lotion, etc) and then ran over and bought a few medium sized whiteboards for our stalls. Tracy and I want to put them up because sometimes we have unusual requests that have to be done when we aren't there. I'll hang one for each of us on our respective sides tomorrow-

Going to eat some dinner and finish up those baggies- Perhaps, download a few more songs. I was so bummed- I went to download Sanjaya's version of "you really got me" and "something to talk about" last night, and for some reason, despite the fact that Itunes lists them for sale, they say the songs are no longer available for purchase. What's that about? I want some Sanjaya for the trip!!!

No comments: