I slept in quite a bit on Tuesday, I wanted to really to recover from whatever was ailing me. I quickly showed and we headed over to the Cove Restaurant for a light breakfast. I toured the lakefront in front of our hotel… The three kids went off with Dad and Daniel to fish on a rented pontoon boat. We headed over to Burpee’s house and hung out- had a fantastic dinner around 3 and saw Tina and her husband and kids as well as Jimmy (My grandmother’s other brother)… we were really excited and Cary and I sat in the kitchen and asked Burpee a million questions about where he has lived, about his birth mother (she died when he was very young)… and he entertained us with great stories of his life.
Dinner was great- the best candied yams, fried potatoes, ham, stuffing, pinto beans, and cornbread. Her cornbread is exceptional, and the candied yams were out of this world. The chocolate cake came out again- I suspect that she baked another- and was fantastic again. I have made her promise to me that we would bake one together before we left.
We came back to the motel about 7:30 and Daniel ordered some pizza for everyone who didn’t eat at Burpee’s house. No one caught a fish today, but all had a good time. Sophia caught a firefly (ok, Cary did) and now I am sitting on the porch talking to everyone.
08 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment